Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles preview
3 hours ago | Tim Costello
Sam returns with his weekly look at all the NRL teamlists.
1. Cody Walker 2. Alex Johnston 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Bryson Goodwin 18. Braidon Burns 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds 8. George Burgess 9. Robbie Farah 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Tyrell Fuimaono 12. Angus Crichton 15. Kyle Turner 14. Damien Cook 17. Zane Musgrove 19. Jason Clark 20. Anthony Cherrington
In - Nil
Out - Nil
Analysis - South Sydney are unaffected by State of Origin, with the 2014 premiers making no changes to the side that went down 24-18 to the Broncos in Round 14. Despite losing their last 3 matches, the Bunnies were much improved against the Broncos and will go in favourites at home against a Titans side missing their 3 Origin stars. Despite being down on form in recent weeks, Cody Walker remains at fullback with John Sutton in the halves. Rookie Tyrell Fuimaono has again been named to start in the backrow.
1. William Zillman 19. Phillip Sami 3. Dale Copley 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. John Olive 6. Chris McQueen 7. Ashley Taylor 8. Nathaniel Peteru 9. Pat Politoni 10. Ryan James 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Joe Greenwood 13. Leivaha Pulu 15. Morgan Boyle 16. Eddy Pettybourne 17. Max King 22. Paterika Vaivai
In - Kevin Proctor, Eddy Pettybourne, William Zillman, John Olive, Pat Politoni
Out - Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Peats, Jarrod Wallace, Kane Elgey, Karl Lawton
Analysis - The Titans are staring down the barrel of 4 straight losses and were very disappointing against the Warriors at home last week. Round 15 will be a big test for Neil Henry's men, with the Titans missing their Origin stars in Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Peats and Jarrod Wallace to go with injuries to Kane Elgey and Karl Lawton. Will Zillman comes into the side at fullback for Hayne, with John Olive coming on the wing. Chris McQueen is the shock option at five-eighth, with Pat Politoni coming into the hooker position for Peats. Nathaniel Peteru will start in the front row for Wallace, while former co-captain Kevin Proctor returns after being on a drug suspension following the Anzac Test in Canberra. Eddy Pettybourne will start from the interchange.
Weather Watch - Rain
6. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Curtis Scott 1. Young Tonumaipea 5. Josh Addo-Carr 19. Brodie Croft 7. Ryley Jacks 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Slade Griffin 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 4. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane 12. Kenneath Bromwich 14. Brandon Smith 15. Mark Nicholls 17. Dean Britt
In - Young Tonumaipea, Joe Stimson, Mark Nicholls, Brandon Smith, Dean Britt, Curtis Scott,
Out - Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Will Chambers, Tim Glasby, Jordan McLean, Cheyse Blair
Analysis - Melbourne have been decimated by Origin and a few key injuries with big names Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith, Will Chambers and the apparently ‘unknown' Tim Glasby on Origin duty. Young Tonumaipea will start at fullback, with Curtis Scott forming a new look centre combination with Tohu Harris. Slade Griffin starts at hooker for Cameron Smith and the giant Nelson Asofa-Solomona will start at prop, Kenny Bromwich will start in the second row, while Brandon Smith, Mark Nicholls, Joe Stimson and debutant Dean Britt are on the bench.
1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Javid Bowen 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Kyle Laybutt 7. Ray Thompson 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Kane Linnett 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Ben Hampton 15. Shaun Fensom 16. Ben Spina 17. Corey Jensen
In - Kyle Laybutt, Ray Thompson, Javid Bowen, Corey Jensen,
Out - Jonathan Thurston, Michael Morgan, Gavin Cooper, Coen Hess
Analysis - The Cowboys were excellent against the Eels in Darwin last week, however this week they will of course be without their chief playmaker in Jonathan Thurston, along with deputy gunslinger in Michael Morgan. Gavin Cooper and Coen Hess will also miss the game against the Storm through Origin, having been called up to the Queensland squad. Paul Green has sprung a few selection surprises, with Kane Linnett switching from centre to the second row for Cooper. Debutant Kyle Laybutt and Ray Thompson make up the new halves combination for the Cows, with Javid Bowen also returning to the starting side at centre. Boom rookie Kalyn Ponga has been named in the extended squad and could force his way into the 17.
Weather Watch - Cloudy
1. Gerard Beale 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Kurt Capewell 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Edrick Lee 6. Fa'amanu Brown 7. Chad Townsend 8. Sam Tagataese 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Jayson Bukuya 13. Paul Gallen 14. Daniel Mortimer 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jeremy Latimore 17. Joseph Paulo
In - Edrick Lee, Jeremy Latimore, Kurt Capewell, Fa'manu Brown, Daniel Mortimer
Out - Andrew Fifita, Jack Bird, James Maloney, Wade Graham, Valentine Holmes
Analysis - The Sharks have 5 players missing to State of Origin, where they will host the Tigers at Shark Park. Andrew Fifita, Jack Bird, James Maloney, Wade Graham and newly promoted QLD winger Valentine Holmes will miss the game. Gerard Beale will switch to fullback, while Edrick Lee will come on to the wing, with Fa'manu Brown starting at five eighth. Kurt Capewell starts at centre, with Sam Tagatese and Jayson Bukuya starting in the forward pack. Daniel Mortimer and Jeremy Latimore join the interchange. These raft of changes do make this a harder task for the premiers at home, however the Sharks replacements have plenty of experience in first grade in a great show of depth for the club.
1. Kevin Naiqama 2. David Nofoaluma 16. Esan Marsters 4. Moses Suli 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Luke Brooks 8. Tim Grant 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Sauaso Sue 12. Kyle Lovett 13. Elijah Taylor 14. Matthew Eisenhuth 15. Jj Felise 3. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Jacob Liddle
In - Luke Brooks, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Matthew Eisenhuth
Out - James Tedesco, Aaron Woods, Jack Littlejohn
Analysis - The Tigers have now lost their last 5 matches and things get just a little bit tougher without James Tedesco and captain Aaron Woods absent through Origin selection. Kevin Naiqama will start at fullback and in some great news for Tigers fans, halfback Luke Brooks returns from injury. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak returns to the starting side on the wing, with backrower Matt Eisenhuth starting on the interchange. Wests won't get a better chance to steal 2 points off the defending premiers, who are missing 5 of their regular starting 17.
Weather Watch - Rain
4. Clint Gutherson 2. Semi Radradra 3. Brad Takairangi 20. Michael Jennings 1. Bevan French 6. Corey Norman 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Daniel Alvaro 9. Kaysa Pritchard 10. Tim Mannah 11. Manu Ma'u 16. Kenny Edwards 13. Nathan Brown 14. Beau Scott 15. Suaia Matagi 17. Will Smith 19. Siosaia Vave
In - Kirisome Auva'a
Out - Nathan Davis
Analysis - The Eels were poor last week, going down 32-6 to the Cowboys in Darwin and may think twice about taking their home game up North against the only acclimatized side in the NRL, North Queensland in the future. The Eels are unaffected by Origin and have a great opportunity against their traditional rivals St George. Kirisome Auva'a replaces Nathan Davis in the only change for the Eels, who will be desperate to bounce back after falling out of the Top 8 after last week's loss.
1. Jason Nightingale 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Kurt Mann 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Josh McCrone 8. Russell Packer 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tariq Sims 12. Joel Thompson 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jacob Host 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Hame Sele 17. Taane Milne
In - Josh Dugan, Tyson Frizzel
Out - Kalifa Fai Fai Loa, Jacob Host
Analysis - The Dragons were shut out against a resurgent Bulldogs outfit on Monday, falling to cross the stripe in their 16-2 loss. The Dragons slipped from third to equal fourth with 3 other teams and will be looking to snatch the 2 points against the Eels. NSW stars Josh Dugan and Tyson Frizzel miss the game through Origin duty, which sees veteran Jason Nightingale move to fullback and Kalifa Fai Fai Loa come back into the starting side on the wing. Tariq Sims starts in the backrow, with Jacob Host coming onto the interchange.
Weather Watch - Rain